Winch is stopped with "GEN FAULT"

To program the motor controller you must have a DB9 to DB9 cable and a USB to RS232 converter.

Plug the DB9 cable to the back of the winch control box in the MOTOR MCU DB9 connector.

Check your windows Device Manager and note which com port number is assigned to your RS232 converter.

In our case its COM7 but it will most likely be different for you.

Download and install the DCH software from our website: Dropbox - DCH_EN_V1.2.zip - Simplify your life

Make sure you run DCH as administrator:

Press ok on this warning message

Upon startup, the software will scan the com ports it has in the DC neighborhood.

If it is the first time you use the software, chance are that your com port is not yet part of the DC neighborhood. To add it, run the Communications wizard from the Tool menu

Select serial port and click next:

Transfer your USB-Serial COM port from Available Ports to Selected Ports. In our case, it is COM7

Once your COM port is added, it will be part of the ports that are scanned during the software startup.

Once you click next, the software will scan the ports trying to look for the motor controller. Leave the BAUD rate as is.

If your controller is still not detected, try crossing RX and TX in you 232 Cable as this may be required by your USB adaptor.

If the connection is successful, the software will automatically load the motor configuration.

The first step before you do anything is to save the motor configuration somewhere safe.

To adjust the current, select I Loop

Change the value: Continuous Current Limit to 20A and Peak Current Limit to 60A and close.

Note at this time that you need to write the configuration to the motor controller by pressing the upload button:

You should also save your new configuration file somewhere safe:

Let me know if this operation was successfull.

Regards,
Etienne

We have tried with a different cable and still, it’s not detecting in the software. We have crosses the RX and TX and not working

Etienne,

Can you please share your whatsapp number?

Hello,

I am sorry I don’t use whatsapp.

At this point I would take the controller out of the box, and the flat cable out as well and try to connect it directly to your adaptor.

Unplug and plug the flat cable from the controller.

Regards,
E.

Yes, we have taken the controller out and unplugged and plugged the cable, but still it’s not connecting. Is there any way to connect it directly to the computer without the flat cable ? Or can we replace the flat cable ? Which cable did we need for that?

Hello,

At this point I think that the TTL-232 IC inside the controller is blown.

I suggest you send me the motor and winch control box back for servicing. Mind as well send the aluminum cylinder as well for rectification.

If you send me the dimensions and weight of the packaging, we will provide a UPS shipping label so we cover the charges.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

You can also assemble the winch so you can do your job but I suggest you give it a 50% duty cycle to prevent overheating again.

Regards,
Etienne