Issue with DROV-RUJ-001-V1 CONSOLE

Have plugged it in but there is a few things I need your assistance with.

1. There is a few buttons that are not coming up on the “general” screen when pressed. They are as follows
  2. Tilt 1 Centre
  3. Trim Lock
  4. Gain Down
  5. Course Trim
  6. A lot of button functions says “No Firmware Support” so it is not giving me the option to select what you have listed on the button
  7. I cant activate the console as its telling me to calibrate first
  8. When I go to calibrate, it tells me to move the left joystick left/right but obviously I cannot. So it wont allow me to finish the calibration.

Look forward to hearing back.

I think this is wrong RC mode. Should be 2 I believe.

run joy.cpl from windows to test your axis and buttons.

1. Tilt 1 Centre
    check with joy.cpl
  2. Trim Lock
    this is hardware coded it won’t show there
  3. Gain Down
    check with joy.cpl
  4. Course Trim
  5. A lot of button functions says “No Firmware Support” so it is not giving me the option to select what you have listed on the button
    not sure what you mean can you show us?
  6. I cant activate the console as its telling me to calibrate first
    yes needs to be calibrated first
  7. When I go to calibrate, it tells me to move the left joystick left/right but obviously I cannot. So it wont allow me to finish the calibration.
    in calibration page you should see all the axis.

again its best to check the joystick is working with windows joy.cpl then if all good move to qgc, this way we know its software.

[quote=“DeltaROV, post:2, topic:466”]
run joy.cpl from windows to test your axis and buttons.

1. Tilt 1 Centre
    check with joy.cpl - Tilt Centre 1 does not show on Joy

2. Trim Lock

3. Gain Down
    check with joy.cpl - Gain Down does not show on Joy

4. Course Trim

5. A lot of button functions says “No Firmware Support” so it is not giving me the option to select what you have listed on the button
    not sure what you mean can you show us? - See attached picture

6. I cant activate the console as its telling me to calibrate first
    yes needs to be calibrated first - Yes but I cant calibrate as the it asks me to move the left joystick left & right. The joystick is only a 2 axis so I cant go left or right. Because of this, I cant progress past this stage or skip so the calibration cant be completed.

7. When I go to calibrate, it tells me to move the left joystick left/right but obviously I cannot. So it wont allow me to finish the calibration.
    in calibration page you should see all the axis. - As above

this is a QGC limitation. They show the buttons but don’t support their use…

Do all axis work in joy.cpl?

Right, now I understand. QGC calibration is assuming your using a logitech game controller.

follow this procedure: http://www.deltarov.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/QGC-Calibration.pdf

Issues as listed;

1. Thrusters

I have done the calibration as per PDF, its allowed me to progress further on now but when I use the either joystick, the thrusters continue to move when its at zero. How to fix this issue ?

1. Faulty Buttons

The buttons below do not show signs of being active in the JOY app. What to do ?

• Tilt 1 Centre
  • Gain Down
  1. No Firmware Support

There is numerous buttons that are assigned to buttons that fall under the No Firmware Support, How do I get them connected (or reassigned) to the QGC so they work as they should? The buttons are as follows;

• Light 2 Up Assigned to 25 on Joy
  • Light 2 Down Assigned to 24 on Joy
  • Tilt 2 Up Assigned to 22 on Joy
  • Tilt 2 Centre Assigned to 23 on Joy
  • Tilt 2 Down Assigned to 21 on Joy
  • Roll Left Assigned to 17 on Joy
  • Roll Right Assigned to 18 on Joy
  • Swap Axis Assigned to 26 on Joy
  • Grabber Open Assigned to 19 on Joy
  • Grabber Closed Assigned to 20 on Joy

I have done the calibration as per PDF, its allowed me to progress further on now but when I use the either joystick, the thrusters continue to move when its at zero. How to fix this issue ?

Please send us pictures and video links to see the issue.

Are all axis working in joy.cpl? Are they in center?

They might have gotten disconnected during shipping

You need to put the joystick in “shift mode” so buttons above 16 trigger the “shift” button so you can use on the second column in QGC.

In Relation to the shift mode, that would mean that the buttons I already use would have “shift” button functions behind them. It would still mean that the buttons below are not able to be used ? Correct ?
Seems counter preductive to have all these buttons non-operational?

• Light 2 Up Assigned to 25 on Joy
  • Light 2 Down Assigned to 24 on Joy
  • Tilt 2 Up Assigned to 22 on Joy
  • Tilt 2 Centre Assigned to 23 on Joy
  • Tilt 2 Down Assigned to 21 on Joy
  • Roll Left Assigned to 17 on Joy
  • Roll Right Assigned to 18 on Joy
  • Swap Axis Assigned to 26 on Joy
  • Grabber Open Assigned to 19 on Joy
  • Grabber Closed Assigned to 20 on Joy

The joystick is meant to work with other control system than QGC, that said, we introduced the “shift” mode to be compatible with QGC.

What this does is when you press buttons over 16, lets say button 20, the joystick will send button command 1 (0 in QGC) and button command 4 (3 in QGC)

For button 21 it will send button command 1 (0 in QGC) and button command 5 (3 in QGC)

etc.

This give you access to the second column in QGC

Not quite following you with this, can you draw a diagrame with what your saying please

I think at this point it might be easier to schedule a call. Are you available this evening?

Do you have a manual for this HCU? I am not understanding the instructions you are putting forward so a diagram would be extremely useful.
I have checked for the loose connectors, there was none. However, one release tab was missing.
To add to the faults, the Gain up button has stopped working also on the QGC.
On Joy, the HCU does not show any control of any buttons now nor does it show joysticks. On QGC it shows the functioning of the buttons and joysticks.

Update

Have managed to activate the “shift” function & assigned the correct functions to the buttons.

There was three buttons that did not work. Upon inspection, it was noted a securing tab was missing from 1 plug. All 3 plugs where reinserted then tested again to no avail. I then inserted new micro JST connectors & connected the tails to their corresponding switches via alligator clips, the button functions now work on the QGC.

Couple of questions for you -

1. Swap Axis, on QGC I can’t seem to find this assignment function in QGC, where is this?

2. Is there a manual in PDF form for this console?

3. Trim Lock, how is this configured with console?

4. Course Trim, how is this configured with console?

5.Does QGC have head hold that I can assign to the console?

6.Joy wont show any functions from the console anymore but QGC does, how do I fix that issue?

Appreciate all your assistance & craftsmanship, it’s a great console

Hi, can we schedule a meeting so that we can discuss with regards on your questions. Just let us know when you are available.

Sure, whats your whatsapp number

can we do google meet? just tell us your available time?

Never done a meet on google ? Id prefer to just email as phone calls can loose the information needed but if its what you need, then whatsapp

ok we will set up a whatsapp acc

may I know your whatsapp acc?

Please send me your email so I may send you my number. Bear in mind its 2200 here, another good reason for contact over email