Depth data doesn't match QGround

Depth data doesn’t match QGround. When my ROV was 5 to 10 feet deep data on OV-DS / Rec was showing 19 meters.


I sent pics in message on our string OV Rec No Connection Reply. Want to add detail that I am using 100 Bar pressure transducer in this ROV.

Need help soonest!

Hello Doug,

Can you show me the setup for the depth output of the Oceanvault - Data Server?

Seems to me that this should be 1.9m.

From this picture:

The value in QGC is -0.2 which is the value from the rest API 0.155 rounded up to 1 decimal.

This must be a change from the last version which requires you to divide the value in Data Server by 1000 instead of 100.


Unfortunately we are on Daylight opps. At hotel currently.

Data server math is /100 currently instructions of video provided. Will change to /1000 tomorrow first thing. Hopefully can confirm everything in harbor 15’ of water.

Question is raw data for DS always coming in meters? If so I assume I can simply modify my math to convert to feet?

Hello Doug,

I believe it always comes up in meters.

You got it right about using the math function on OVDS to convert to feet.

/1000*3.28084 should give you what you need.


Depth data at 1000 seems to be for freshwater. When I try to do math to adjust like using /1026 it goes to 10+ decimal places and ignores attempts to set field length to 5. Do you know how I can convert for Seawater instead of freshwater and get it outputting on data server?

Again this is must for job I’m on using dive logger as deliverable the depth has to be accurate.

Please advise soonest. I can only work on this at the boat and we only have a couple more hours to get done.

Hello, I am working on a fix right now.

you can find download link to new version and history changes here: Oceanvault - Data Server version history

I have downloaded the latest DS Rev 10 and set up using JSON only, no HTTP Gets. Unfortunately, the DS freezes up after 30 minutes to an hour. I have repeated about 6 times. I have closed all other apps. Rebooted whole computer etc. and always freezes up. When I close windows down the following shows up in background:

ok we’ll look into it

What is this RemV4 error? This is a tritech error?

RemV4 is Tritech. Wondering if something got tied into DS when you were trying to get Altimeter added while we were in Hawaii. Note that no tritech devices or software was open when this occurred.

I have uninstalled Seanet Pro to get rid of RemV4 error message but DS still locks up. Uninstalled and reinstall DS. Still locks up. I erased all contents of DS folder reinstalled and created new Config with JSON and UDP Transmit to 25001 to send to OV Rec. Still locks up. Note when try to set up loop back receive port for 25001 on DS no data when connect. Note also transmit doesn’t show data in the box for Transmit 25001 either but OV Rec does receive it.

Since no luck with DS tried to simply use Reset API BR2 for Data in OV-Rec but following error comes up.

Would be nice to at least be able to use OV-Rec without DS or Dive Logger at very least. So far I have not got any benefit from any of this software and in fact the problems with it in Hawaii were major contributing factor to us not completing the job and costing me $50k.

See following Error Message today on freeze up of DS

I’ll try and work on it tomorrow.

Have you made any progress on this?

I am selling an ROV and wondering if you have made any progress fixing the DS freeze up problem. I don’t want to recommend this software until solved.

When I checked a while back I was unable to recreate the problem.

I’ll give it another go Saturday.


FYI takes 30 to 60 minutes to freeze.


I was able to recreate the issue after 1h30min.

It turns out there was a memory leak which I was able to monitor in task manager.

I now solved the leak and the memory remains stable overtime.

Its been running for over 3 hours no problem.

I will keep monitoring for a while and if all good I will upload the new version.


Great. Looking forward to getting the new version. Now all I need is a job to use it on. LOL

Tested again today for 8 hours. Memory is stable. I will roll out the new version soon.